It is officially one week until departure!!! By this time next Wednesday, I'll be in LA boarding my flight to Tokyo!
The only difficulty is that now I have to actually legitimately pack. I've been just tossing random crap and requested American items for my friend living in Tokyo. As far as what I need... well... the suitcase is open, so that's a start! I've partially put it off because Oscar (yes, my doggy) spotted them, attempted to climb in, ran off, and ignored me out of anger. Regardless, I am finally starting to pack, so here is a relevant video of how that usually goes...
Peace, love, and hairspray!
~Jenn
The only difficulty is that now I have to actually legitimately pack. I've been just tossing random crap and requested American items for my friend living in Tokyo. As far as what I need... well... the suitcase is open, so that's a start! I've partially put it off because Oscar (yes, my doggy) spotted them, attempted to climb in, ran off, and ignored me out of anger. Regardless, I am finally starting to pack, so here is a relevant video of how that usually goes...
~Jenn
Yeah that's a funny one!!!
ReplyDeleteAdvice: Two Pair of Shorts, Two Pair of Jeans, Two Pair of Pants. Nice formal evening dresses for a nice dinner or two.
Have a back for your day trips. Carry extra pair of socks, underwear, shoes, small towel, whatever you need for an entire day.
JAPAN IS VERY HOT AND HUMID THIS TIME OF YEAR.
Don't over pack it is not necessary, you won't need all that stuff. You can buy things while you are there. It will make traveling to and from the airport hell for you and your hosts. Don't forget you will be bringing stuff back too! (Gifts for people like me:)
Fashion: Tokyo, Paris, New York.
Burrbury Brown, plaid scarfs. Everyone has them. You will see them several times a day. Scarfs are a big deal.
Skirts and Knee high boots are always a trend for Japanese Girls. Japan is a very black and blue society. You WILL get stares if you are rollin around in Bright Orange, but that is ok, because you are American and it is expected.
The best thing to do is to be YOU and dress how you are most comfortable and project the self who you identify with most. There is a genuine curiosity about Americans and American culture.
If you do that then you will be embraced.
No need to go on a pre-trip shopping spree to get cloths that you want to define you, you already have them.
It is always better to dress up rather than down; especially in Japan.
BRING A DIGITAL CAMERA WITH ALL OF THE BATTERIES AND MEMORY STICKS NEEDED.
Take Pictures, Pictures, Pictures. Don't delete any of them, especially while you are there. They will spark lost memories years from now.
Take a power cord converter for all of your electronics and girls accessories that you will need to plug-in in order to survive and carry on.