YES I AM IN FACT ALIVE! Sorry about not updating last night but I could only get wifi real quick in the airport and my Blogger app was being a butt. The hotel had wifi, but the signal was too weak for me to be able to post. In order to still give you a full post, please accept this direct copy from my journal, then just move on to the next post (which will be up in aproximately 5 minutes) for some awesomeness from today as well as some photos.
Peace, Love, and Hairspray!
~Jenn
July 19
Today has been almost 48 hours long. I left for Sky Harbor at around 5am, of course Mumful stayed with me for a little while and had breakfast with me at Paradise Bakery. The flight to LA was pretty short, but navigating that airport was a definite challenge. My flight from AZ came in at terminal 1, but I had to take a bus (obviously outside of security) to terminal 4 to catch my next plane. Luckily the whole process was pretty quick once I figured out where I was going. I was pretty much the only person in line at security, so I sailed right through to my gate.
Korean Airlines was absolutely lovely! We were given blankets, pillows, slippers, and even a toothbrush. I had a window seat, and next to me was a very nice Korean girl taking the flights continuation from Tokyo onto Seoul. Throughout the flight I entertained myself watching 'The Lorax', 'Friends With Kids', and part of 'The Hunger Games'. I also read some, and slept even less. Mostly I watched the flight tracker to figure out how much longer until I was going to land.
Overall, the flight was very smooth and comfortable. When I finally landed, I filled out the Japanese version of the customs from instead of the English form. Mostly just to see if I could do it. which I did; like a boss. Customs went smoothly, as did picking up my rental cell phone. After a quick call home to ensure that I was alive, I met up with the CIEE group at the terminal 1 Meeting Point where I was able to get wifi just long enough to attempt a blog post. I don't think it went through though...
Anyways, several of us took a short bus ride to the hotel where we met up with Shannon (the program coordinator) to pick up itineraries and drop our stuff off in our hotel rooms.
Since there were no planned activities for the night, many of us met downstairs to take the bus to AEON Mall for some dinner. We accidentally took a regular bus instead of the free shuttle (completely awkward... sorry bus driver... we didn't know!) and wound up turning a 5min trip to the mall into a 1 hour scenic tour of all the hotels in Narita! We did finally make it to the mall for a DELICIOUS tempura dinner. I'm meeting all of the participants and so far everyone has been nice. We have a great variety of people within the group. Somehow we managed to take the long route again on the way back to the hotel; but all that maters is that we made it back eventually. now after a good hot shower I am EXHAUSTED! It's sleepy time for me. Can't wait for tomorrows adventure!
Peace, Love, and Hairspray!
~Jenn
July 19
Today has been almost 48 hours long. I left for Sky Harbor at around 5am, of course Mumful stayed with me for a little while and had breakfast with me at Paradise Bakery. The flight to LA was pretty short, but navigating that airport was a definite challenge. My flight from AZ came in at terminal 1, but I had to take a bus (obviously outside of security) to terminal 4 to catch my next plane. Luckily the whole process was pretty quick once I figured out where I was going. I was pretty much the only person in line at security, so I sailed right through to my gate.
Korean Airlines was absolutely lovely! We were given blankets, pillows, slippers, and even a toothbrush. I had a window seat, and next to me was a very nice Korean girl taking the flights continuation from Tokyo onto Seoul. Throughout the flight I entertained myself watching 'The Lorax', 'Friends With Kids', and part of 'The Hunger Games'. I also read some, and slept even less. Mostly I watched the flight tracker to figure out how much longer until I was going to land.
Overall, the flight was very smooth and comfortable. When I finally landed, I filled out the Japanese version of the customs from instead of the English form. Mostly just to see if I could do it. which I did; like a boss. Customs went smoothly, as did picking up my rental cell phone. After a quick call home to ensure that I was alive, I met up with the CIEE group at the terminal 1 Meeting Point where I was able to get wifi just long enough to attempt a blog post. I don't think it went through though...
Anyways, several of us took a short bus ride to the hotel where we met up with Shannon (the program coordinator) to pick up itineraries and drop our stuff off in our hotel rooms.
Since there were no planned activities for the night, many of us met downstairs to take the bus to AEON Mall for some dinner. We accidentally took a regular bus instead of the free shuttle (completely awkward... sorry bus driver... we didn't know!) and wound up turning a 5min trip to the mall into a 1 hour scenic tour of all the hotels in Narita! We did finally make it to the mall for a DELICIOUS tempura dinner. I'm meeting all of the participants and so far everyone has been nice. We have a great variety of people within the group. Somehow we managed to take the long route again on the way back to the hotel; but all that maters is that we made it back eventually. now after a good hot shower I am EXHAUSTED! It's sleepy time for me. Can't wait for tomorrows adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment