Thursday, August 16, 2012

Last Night in Japan... For Now

Today I officially left Tokyo and the process of traveling home began. I took a bus from near the Hotel to the airport in Narita. There I returned my rental cell phone, grabbed some lunch, and caught the free shuttle to my hotel for tonight. I only had a short time in which to grab lunch before the bus arrived (they only arrive once per hour) so I grabbed the first thing I could get: a hot dog. I was pleasantly surprised to find out it was actually really good. Way to go Narita Airport, you've outdone America at the standard American food. 
 I have more baggage than I have arms, so luckily there were carts at the airport and the staff at the Tokyu Excel in Narita took all my stuff on a cart and brought it to my room for me. That was really nice.
My room is surprisingly enormous for Japan... I don't even know what to do with all this space!
One of the first things I did upon arriving at this hotel was go check out their onsen. Best. Decision. Ever. It was so incredibly relaxing after carrying heavy bags and having such a long crazy month of school.
Next, I ordered some gyoza from room service. I was hungry and they were so yummy!!!! I don't usually order room service in hotels, but it was surprisingly one of the cheapest eating options and I LOVE gyoza, so I figured might as well go for it. Having nothing I had to get done tonight had its benefits. After dinner, I had an appointment for a hot stone hawaiian massage. I've had a few massages in Japan before, but I think this was by far the best I have had. It was completely relaxing and exactly what I needed to be rejuvenated for my long flight back home tomorrow.
That's pretty much been my day. I'm just taking it easy tonight and trying not to sleep too much so I'll sleep on the plane and reset my internal clock. It's been a great trip, but I'm so ready to go home!

Peace, love, and hairspray!
-Jenn


No comments:

Post a Comment