In case you're wondering why I didn't blog yesterday, it's because all I did was go to class, write my paper, and work on the powerpoint for my final project. And nobody really cares to read about that. They just don't.
Anyways, since my final project for Popular Culture is on Maid Cafes, I figured it might be a good idea to go back to Akihabara and get in the spirit for tomorrows presentation. I visited another branch of MaiDreamin for a sweet treat and some fun! Today my maid was Nene-chan. She was so cute! The floor show at this branch was also more elaborate because for a portion of it three of the maids actually sang. Though looking at them I'm pretty sure they were some of the ones on the MaiDreamin original album, so that does make sense. It was extremely busy, but they were adequately staffed so things still went smoothly. I passed on most of the extras this time around, but I couldn't resist buying a poloroid snapshot with Nene-chan. What can I say, you call me your mistress and bring me desserts for an hour and I'll happily pay 500円 to pose with you in adorablenes.

After my hour was up I met back up with Nidah and Lauren to have a little more fun before we needed to head back. We went to a Sega World arcade so I could try and fulfill a friends life goal of "beating a local at DDR in Japan". They didn't have DDR, but they did have a really fun game that I can only really describe as DDR with your hands. It sounds a little silly, but it was so much fun and it had the most adorable current pop music to choose from!!!
It didn't take long to get the hang of it, kind of like DDR I was naturally pretty decent at it. Hopefully these machines start showing up in the states, I would definitely play that again!

Sadly, we couldn't stay all day because there were papers to be completed and final exams to be studied for. As we headed back towards the station we spotted Rei and Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangalian just kind of hanging out at the Sega exits. We couldn't resist snapping a few photos. It's always hilarious to see anime proportions in real life, it kind of makes you realize how unrealistic they really are. Seriously, these girls are just under my height but LOOK AT THEM. I couldn't resist sort of sexually assulting Rei a little when the Sega staff weren't looking. Come on, don't act like you wouldn't have done it too!
Peace, love, and hairspray!
~Jenn
Anyways, since my final project for Popular Culture is on Maid Cafes, I figured it might be a good idea to go back to Akihabara and get in the spirit for tomorrows presentation. I visited another branch of MaiDreamin for a sweet treat and some fun! Today my maid was Nene-chan. She was so cute! The floor show at this branch was also more elaborate because for a portion of it three of the maids actually sang. Though looking at them I'm pretty sure they were some of the ones on the MaiDreamin original album, so that does make sense. It was extremely busy, but they were adequately staffed so things still went smoothly. I passed on most of the extras this time around, but I couldn't resist buying a poloroid snapshot with Nene-chan. What can I say, you call me your mistress and bring me desserts for an hour and I'll happily pay 500円 to pose with you in adorablenes.
After my hour was up I met back up with Nidah and Lauren to have a little more fun before we needed to head back. We went to a Sega World arcade so I could try and fulfill a friends life goal of "beating a local at DDR in Japan". They didn't have DDR, but they did have a really fun game that I can only really describe as DDR with your hands. It sounds a little silly, but it was so much fun and it had the most adorable current pop music to choose from!!! It didn't take long to get the hang of it, kind of like DDR I was naturally pretty decent at it. Hopefully these machines start showing up in the states, I would definitely play that again!

Sadly, we couldn't stay all day because there were papers to be completed and final exams to be studied for. As we headed back towards the station we spotted Rei and Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangalian just kind of hanging out at the Sega exits. We couldn't resist snapping a few photos. It's always hilarious to see anime proportions in real life, it kind of makes you realize how unrealistic they really are. Seriously, these girls are just under my height but LOOK AT THEM. I couldn't resist sort of sexually assulting Rei a little when the Sega staff weren't looking. Come on, don't act like you wouldn't have done it too!Peace, love, and hairspray!
~Jenn

No comments:
Post a Comment